Sunday 28 November 2010

Thanksgiving


I am a very happy camper right now. I'm in bed with Claudie, listening to Christmas carols and chatting with friends online. I'm wearing an awesome SF Giants World Series Champions t-shirt and sipping Peet's Holiday blend, sent to me by my lovely friend Sara J. Sundays are awesome.

Last night, my friends and I celebrated Thanksgiving. For a few of us, it's the last one we'll have in Korea and that made it a little extra special. As we sat around eating the (absolutely amazing and delicious) turkey and stuffing, I thought about how 4 years ago, I didn't know these people existed and now they're my family away from home. It's amazing how that happens. Same thing with my friends at university and I'm sure it'll happen again down the road.

My flatmate is a really closed off person. He doesn't open himself up to new food, new places, or new people (notable exception is when he travels). He's been miserable in Korea right now because most of his friends left and he won't open up to new people. I am very glad I'm not like that and I feel like my life has been so rich and good because I have so many people I care about.

I sat down on Thursday and had a big think about what I'm thankful for this year and I was really humbled by how blessed I've been. I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday, too.

No comments: